About Metz Connect
We first discovered METZ CONNECT at a Blustream training course last September and were thrilled when we were invited to be their UK Salesteam. Structured cabling is becoming an increasingly critical part of any install. With so many questions around CAT5e, 6, 6A and 7, and with a now current (not future) requirement for bandwidth for streaming services, UHD etc then you need the support of an expert manufacturer. With a $1.5 billion turnover METZ's pedigree is unsurpassed.
Structured cabling is now at the heart of all installs; the homeowner simply wants to watch the source of their choice on the screen of their choice. The correctly specified cable is integral to that. METZ CONNECT provides the knowhow and quality that you can rely on and your customer can enjoy.
METZ CONNECT is a family-run German company with technology, innovation and reliability at its heart. All divisions of the company are managed in a sustainable manner and on the basis of certified quality standards. Around the world, their products guarantee secure and reliable connections for a smooth flow of information – from the printed circuit board to the infrastructure environment and they have exceptional development and production expertise.
Quality and quality management are the top priorities – for products as well as processes meaning METZ CONNECT issues a product guarantee of up to 25 years. Certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2008, their products comply with RoHS since October 1st, 2005.
Selected Key Products
CAT6A RJ45 Field Plug Pro
RJ45 connectors are available in performance classes Cat.6A, Cat.6 and Cat.5e. Depending on the performance class, the connectors are shielded. We offer RJ45 connectors in different versions, e.g. connectors to be assembled in the field or as inserts for different housings with IP67-protection for harsh environments. The cables can be connected to the connectors easily and quickly.
- Cat.6A RJ45 plug to be assembled in the field
- fully shielded and multi-port capable
- straight (180°) cable feed
- easy assembly - connection without special tools
- wire connection: stranded wire AWG 27/7 to 22/7, wire diameter from 0.46 to 0.76 mm
- wire connection: solid wire AWG 26/1 to 22/1, wire diameter from 0.4 to 0.64 mm
- transmission characteristics Cat.6A per ISO/IEC 11801 Ed.2.2:2011-06
- compliance with class EA to ISO/IEC 11801 Ed.2.2:2011-06, DIN EN 50173-1:2011-09
- suitable for 10 GBit Ethernet (IEEE 802.3an), Remote Powering (PoE, PoE plus and UPoE) and HDBaseT
- degree of protection IP20
- for cable jacket diameter from 5.5 to 10.5 mm
- zinc die-cast housing for industrial use consists of only 2 parts
- strain relief by latching clip directly on the stuffer cap
- protected locking hook
UTP 24 Port 1 HE LSA Cat.6 Patchfeld
- 19 inch 1RU Cat.6 patch panel with 24 RJ45 ports 8(8)
- 19 inch module frame made of black sheet steel
- 4 individual 6 port connection blocks, unshielded
- connection of the unshielded data cables to LSA insulation displacement connectors (AWG 22 to 26)
- wire connection possible according to T568A and T568B
- with 4 clip-in plastic cable brackets
- punch down patch panel
- 10 GBit installation cable
- installation cable Cat.6 class EA AWG 23 F/UTP
- 4 pairs
- overall shield: plastic foil with aluminum coating
- applicable standards: EN 50173-1:2011-09; ISO/IEC 11801 Ed.2.2:2011-09; IEC 61156-5; EIA/TIA 568A
- cable sheath: flame retardant PVC
- variants: low-smoke plenum, non-plenum